Developing active cities
The first congress session is devoted to international, national and local initiatives from around the globe. Experts will present global strategies and planning models to make cities better places for active living.
The afternoon will see presentations from municipalities that have undertaken significant steps to become “Global Active Cities”. Learn how they developed their strategies to enhance urban planning, offer better activity infrastructure, engage neighbourhoods and design public spaces and streets for more inclusivity and activity! The “Global Active City” programme is part of the “Active Well-Being Initiative” formed by TAFISA, evaleo and the IOC.
2019 IOC IPC IAKS architecture prizes gala event
The highlight of the 2019 IAKS Congress social programme will take place on the night of 5 November, when operators and designers of exemplary sports, leisure and recreational facilities will be awarded with the 2019 IOC IPC IAKS architecture prizes.
- Introduction by Dr Stefan Kannewischer, IAKS President
- IOC Strategy on socially sustainable development
- The Global Active City Label and the Active Well-Being Initia-tive
- Development of sports and leisure facilities in the UK
- Liverpool: A pioneer city walks the talk
- Hamburg: The legacy lives on
- Richmond: Leading healthy and active lives
Meet & greet at the IAKS booth
Awards gala with prize-giving ceremony