The IAKS Congress is the meeting place not to be missed for professionals from the sports, leisure and recreation facilities industry. The conference allows for key insights in the latest findings in design, construction, modernization and management of sports and leisure facilities.
With over 500+ attendees representing architects, engineers, clients, designers, local authorities, technical and operative management, sports federations, and clubs, the IAKS Congress features meaningful connections and networking through its presentations and panels, networking sessions, roundtable discussions, and drink receptions.
The IAKS Congress will kick off with keynote speeches reflecting the overall motto of „Building resilient communities through sports and leisure facilities“. Throughout the four-day event, eight sessions in total will provide participants with in-depth learning opportunities around the following topics:
- Building resilient communities through sports and leisure facilities.
- The activity path to 2032 and beyond: Looking at the Australian market and future developments.
- Socially relevant design: A commitment to the whole community.
- Equal participation for diverse user groups: Gender aspects, universal design, and participation process.
- How does today’s design influence future opportunities and impact? Creating awareness for the long-term impact of today’s decisions.
- Reducing the environmental footprint: How can we achieve sustainability and carbon footprint reduction?
- Active living in the public domain: Sports park design to activate the neighbourhood and create new relationships.
- Synthetic turf developments: Update on legal restrictions and R&D findings.
Information on the programme and speakers